10 Great Reasons to Move to Vilna
- Close proximity to visit or commute to larger centers: Edmonton (1.5 hr), Fort McMurray (3.5hr), St. Paul (.5hr), Lac La Biche (1 hr), Cold Lake (1.5hr).
- Compared to larger 'urban' centers, the cost of living in Vilna is substantially lower particularly with respect to owning / renting accommodation and the costs of participating in recreational activities i.e. golf, hockey, figure skating etc.
- Many opportunities to start a small business with a minimal amount of capital in a unique shopping area.
- Very low crime rate, safe place to live and raise a family.
- Many recreational opportunities and facilities for everyone that are very close by i.e. Bonnie Lake, Iron Horse Trail, Vilna Golf Course, Alberta's Lakeland etc.
- Good business core and amenities to service your day to day needs.
- A clean, friendly and progressive community with pride in its history and achievements through its Streetscape Improvements, participation in the Alberta Main Street Programme's restoration of Vilna's Main Street buildings and the local Communities in Bloom community beautification initiative.
- Vilna is not only a village, it is a community that includes people who live out of town such as farmers, ranchers, acreage owners and residents of nearby resorts and first nations reserves. This diversity is one of Vilna's greatest attributes.
- More one-on-one attention in a brand new smaller school that is also very competitive in provincial athletics.
- Increased access to participate in social and volunteer opportunities that are not as easily available in larger communities i.e. council, fire department - here you can make a difference!