Boomtown Days!.......3rd weekend in August each year! SEE THE EVENTS PAGE FOR MORE INFORMATION.
For a couple of days in the middle of summer, there is an annual tradition in the Village of Vilna that brings the community and district together.
The Vilna & District Boomtown Days! is a celebration of our community’s agricultural heritage and local history. This event is presented by the Vilna & District Agricultural Society and many volunteers.
Over a thousand people attend, including Vilna and district residents - children, seniors, youth and adults. In addition, many are urban visitors seeking an authentic rural experience while many more are from the neighboring reserves, resorts and acreages or expatriates enjoying a family homecoming.
- Recognize agriculture as an economic base for our commerce
- Appeal to and promote our rural attributes to our urban neighbors
- Provide a stage for the integration of communities
- Showcase the culture, ethnic diversity, and heritage of the communities
- Ensure active benefits to all exhibitors, participants, visitors and sponsors
- Eco-agro stewardship
- Attract and involve children, seniors, youth and adults
- Encourage & facilitate fundraising and involvement for other non-profit community service groups in the Fair celebration